Tuesday 30 December 2014

It's been a while...sorry....!

Hello Everyone

Thanks SO much for not leaving me whilst I've been AWOL.

Yet again, kidney dialysis has taken it's toll.  I really didn't know how exhausted this would leave me. Chemotherapy and radiotherapy did the same but there was an end date to treatment with that. With kidney dialysis there is no end date.....

Anyway enough of that, let's show you some cards I've been working on.

 It's a selection of some I've made recently but just not had the time or energy to blog them for you.
I found some of these beautiful flowers in my stash so decided to use up some of them on these to sell for the hospital where I've had all my operations and my initial dialysis sessions.  I gave the cheque for £100 to them and it was really appreciated which is nice.
They offered to give me a guided tour around the Laboratory when I'm next there which is fantastic.  I had a tour around our local Hospital when I was helping out Macmillan Cancer. It's very interesting to see what is being done to help us poor patients with these awful diseases.
The card above was made using Vellum with plain white card. I used to same colour to add the background to the sentiment with Promarkers.  It isn't crooked either, but looks it in the photograph, sorry!
 Some of a free kit that came with a magazine and some new bargains from Hobbycraft!! Along with some beautiful diecuts from my good friend Gill.  Thanks Gill!
Some old embossing folders came into use again and also some of the freebies from the magazine kit and some extra bits like the bows came from Gill. Thanks again Gill...!!!

Well that's another small update from me. Sorry it's so short but it's not easy at the moment.  I'll be back again soon hopefully.

1 comment:

Mrs A. said...

Glad to see you back Karen with such a lovely selection of cards. I have the butterfly freebie set in your last two photos. It's nice to see how others have used them. hugs Mrs A.