Thursday 19 December 2013

Another Quick Update

Hi All

Just to let you know the latest happenings here.

My brother is doing well after his stroke. He is now home and we're playing Carer/Nurse/etc ensuring he is doing OK. His Rheumatoid/Osteoarthritis are holding him back at the moment. He's in a lot of pain with that and the Dr has upped his meds to see if it helps more.

I've been in hospital for nine days with worsening kidney failure. I've now had the pre-dialysis talk and am deciding which route to go for on dialysis which will probably have to start in the New Year.  I've got a CT scan the day before Christmas Eve and another type of scan in a different hospital on New Years Eve!  It's all good fun huh!

Not a good start, but it can only go up from here now can't it!!!! Fingers crossed it goes upwards anyway after all the downs we've had with health issues.

 

Have a very Merry Christmas and

a Happy New Year too! 

 
 
Once everything is more stabilised I'll see you all in the New Year and be back to some sort of crafting too! Who knows, I might even be able to do some whilst having dialysis.
PS. If anyone has dialysis please contact me as I'd love to ask some questions if you don't mind!

3 comments:

Gill said...

Hi Karen

So pleased to see that you are well enough to come back on your blog. Good Luck. will keep in touch.
Love Gill

Lydia La La said...

This is not good! I hope that the dialysis plan is going to work well for you and that you;ll feel an amazing difference. love to you.xx

Anonymous said...

I have not visited in a while.I have to say that I really enjoy browsing your blog!
Thank you for sharing your creative project and inspires.
I wish you and your loved ones a happy New Year.may 2014 be a year filled with lots of amazing memories.health & happiness to you and your loved ones
your entry from
FRIDAY, 2 AUGUST 2013
Thank You Auntie!
you wrote
This cute little bear came from I don't remember where now. He's in my little box of stamped images I've been sent at different times. I use them to make Charity Cards as you know and he's so cute.
I'm not sure of the make as it was sent to me. If anyone knows, please tell me and I'm going to add him to my Wish List - which is growing ever longer by the day LOL!!
----------------------------------
when i have see your beautiful card i remember exactly where hthe Baer comes from.i do have him too.he is soooo cute.
I do make cards for OWH and proud to do it! http://operationwritehome.org/ (cards for the Soldiers ,to write home to the love ones)
here is the shop where you can buy him
http://www.disdigistamps.com/boys.html
it is a Digital Stamp - A-Fish-Ahoy!
----------------------------------
Keep up the fabulous work.I wish you many more creative years of inspiration!!
Sometimes it's hard to exlpain , especially when english is not your motherlanguage,
but I guess you forgive me the spelling mistakes.
Sorry to hear you were sick, but hope you are all better!
Have a blessed day.take care of yourself and stay warm.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•sending hugs across the miles
snowbird