Friday 21 December 2012

WOYWW 185 - the Christmas one!

So what is on my workdesk today?  Well if you're not sure why I'm asking Click Here to find out!  As you all know, my workdesk is my bed with trays on - but today there is something special on there.

There are lots of parcels all wrapped up and ready to deliver to the Cat Shelter.  Yes, I know, I'm daft - wrapping presents for cats - tsk!  Well, why shouldn't they have Christmas the same as us, our little old lady (aged 20!) does.  She has Christmas Dinner and presents the same as we do.

There are loads of crocheted blankets in this top picture and in the one underneath, there are loads of cat toys.
I did the same last year to a different Cat Shelter and they had lovely stockings full to bursting on each cat cabin.  It all looked so pretty with decorations up too.

I'm going to be kept occupied again to make bits and pieces for the next Cat Shelter Fair - fundraising for charities never stops.

Thanks also to Gill for her continuing support of the cancer charities too, along with Julia who also donated some fantastic cards as well.  The comments I heard as I left the shop like "Wow look at this one", "I've got to have this one" and "Beautiful absolutely beautiful".......show you all how much they are appreciated and that they make lots of money to help rid the world of this terrible disease that so many of us have (myself included) or have family members or friends affected by it.

All there is left to say now is "Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year"!!!!
Enjoy!!!

7 comments:

Gill XXX said...

WOW you have been busy, Lucky cats, I hope your stocking is as full. Have a Happy Christmas and a Very Happy and Healthy New Year.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, how lovely do all those presents look? Good for you - you really are a sterling supporter of the charities. When is the next cat shelter fair?

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Karen - thank you for all the wonderful support and comments over the past year!
LLJ xxxx

505whimsygirl said...

Your little kitty is 20 -- wow!! She's adorable, by the way. How nice to wrap presents for the cats awaiting adoption.

I laughed at the cartoon --- isn't it true! Although I usually don't know what to get for my dad so he gets hankies!

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs, Kay 84

Darnell said...

Thanks for popping by the Playhouse, Karen! You are very sweet to take the time and effort to wrap the cats' presents! Wishing you Happy Holidays!! Darnell #32

Twiglet said...

Well done on wrapping all those little gifts. Have a wonderful Christmas. x Jo

Kyla said...

Wow, what a lovely idea for the cats home.

Happy WOYWW

Kyla #50

Di said...

Aw, how kind! Belated happy WOYWW - hope you have a super Christmas! Di x