Tuesday 13 September 2011

Special Card for a Special Person!

 Here's the results of all the pink paper and card from WOYWW last week as promised.  I've had to keep it under wraps as it's for Di's birthday and I didn't want to blog it before it had arrived.  The lovely stamp was sent to me by Di, so I had to use it on this card as it was so cute!
 I've now figured out how to make stronger boxes with the Trimmer I have - who needs a proper board huh when you can make them like this.  I added a little pearl brad, backed with a spotty pink flower and then at the last minute added some BIG diamond gems to the front of the drawer.
 I've made easel cards before many many times, so decided to do something different with this one and made it on a slant.  I added some pretty little flowers I got in the Garden Centre at the weekend, sadly they came with no way of fixing them on the back, so I hope they stay stuck!  You can just see inside some of the little presents I put in there for the birthday girl...!
 There are several craft items which you can't see too well from this shot - I put some plain gold tissue paper through the Cuttlebug machine and it worked really well - ideal for presents as you can then personalise them however you want for the recipient.  I also added in some Ferrero Rocher, I somehow think they might be eaten whilst crafting - just don't blame me if you get chocolate on them!
 I used some of my bargain paper pad I got the other week on the front and sides of the box, I wish I'd got more than just one now, but hey ho, too late.
Here you can see a close up of the front cover of the card - I used my Promarkers to colour the "Just The Edge" pieces of card, I used two different colours and it changed it dramatically before my very eyes!  As it was being posted and is quite large (I had to do a made to measure version due to the chocolates!) I put some more gems on it, well it is pink and girly isn't it...!

You should've seen me in the shop lifting up all the chocolates to see how deep they were and if I thought they'd fit in the drawer - quite a sight I can tell you and I got some strange looks when I asked if the depth of the sweet could be guessed for me!  You never know what I'm going to do next.....

So watch this space......

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Di said...

Aw Karen, it's just the most fabulous card/box ever!! The choccies are untouched as yet but not sure how long they'll stay that way :) It's got pride of place needless to say, brilliantly done - and there's no way I could ever tackle one. What a hoot though, asking for the depth of the choccies to be measured, I thought everything fitted inside too perfectly :)) Thanks so much again honey - I love it!!! Big thank you hugs, Di xx

Karen said...

Di - glad you liked it - and yes I did get strange looks asking how deep the chocolates were in the shop - you can rely on me to do something daft huh! Enjoy the chocs but not too near the craft room!!!

Ambreen said...

such a waooo thing as a gift....so adroably cute...and happy belated birthday to Di and a thumbs up to you Karen....i fell in love with the box the minute i enlarged the pic to see it throughly.....Lovely work...