Wednesday 7 September 2011

Another Special Card....

Here's another really Special Card!  It's using one of my favourite ever images by Mo Manning, a little girl with her cat - and of course, I had to make him white in memory of my much loved, much missed, little man Bertie.

 Here's the inside, this time I used gentle light green butterflies and added more gems and Stickles to them (of course!).  I found these corner dies in a Craft Shop and was really pleased, until I got home and used them and didn't realise they didn't cut them out completely, only cutting the corner of the paper and leaving it still attached!  After much mumbling and turning the air a bit blue, I came up with the idea of cutting round them and loads of cramp later, had the final die cut that I needed.  I've used them many times since doing this, and this time left these ones plain white, it suited it.  I added another ticket sentiment which is on pearlised card, makes it look more special. 
 I did a different box for this one - a plain white box and used some acetate to cover the top of the card stuck down on one side.  The box looked a little plain, so I added some ribbon around the edge with DST.  It certainly improved it!
Here's another view of the inside of the card, I used some patterned vellum (a few sheets I found in a Bargain Section!) and used my first ever Distress Ink Pad on the edges of the punched card inside and also on the edges of the book like sides.  Have got a new idea to try with the ink pad, so will let you all know how it goes!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Di said...

An adorable card Karen! Love the kitty cat and the detail is as gorgeous as ever. Super colours and tons of work - just what we know you'll come up with chick! Di xx

Gill xx said...

This is such a pretty card, so much patience doing it and love the colours and of course your little cat!!! another great achievemnet.