Wednesday 1 June 2011

Paper Piecing....my first efforts!

I've seen paper piecing on other cards and thought I'd have a go with it.  I can't do intricate cutting due to problems with my hands, but this was a fairly simple image and was quite easy to paper piece.  It's a digi image and I printed it out twice for the little dress.

The rest of her is coloured with Promarkers of course.  Now I've got better acess to my CB, I cut out some circles with dies that Di sent to me earlier.  I used the small circle that came out with the cut circle to outline the pink one, quite effective.

Core-dinations card - pale lilac this time to match the backing paper (sorry can't remember where it came from, think it was a Papermania one?).  I used the dotty ribbon (old one, Hobbycraft - good quality so shows it's age - now they're a lot thinner!).  I took the colours from the ribbon and added card candy to it in similar colours.

Not bad for a first effort at paper piecing - what do you think?

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Gill said...

H Karen

I just love this card, the colours go so well together. Love the candy as well. You definately have got into crafting mode again!!!!

Ambreen said...

Love the card Karen...
It can convey many message ...as the girl is holding an apple...you can say you are the apple of my eye...or get well soon...or any thing card is superb

Di said...

Great card Karen! Isn't paper piecing great fun! Your Stickles are in the post too. In a rush, off to Nottingham tomorrow mid-morning....if you look at my blog you'll see what I've been up to for table favours. Just had to go and buy a big cool bag so they don't melt en route :( Be in touch when I return. Di x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I love your first effort.....wonderful job....love the movement going on...I must keep this in my memory bank.