Thursday 30 December 2010

Special Card - Kitty of course!

This image came amongst many other goodies from my good friend Diane for my birthday. I thought I'd make some cards out of it and have made four so far, all with different coloured flowers, and with many more to come too!

I used a backing sheet from a Creative Pad I'd got for only 99p! Yes 99p you read that right. I wasn't sure it would be when I purchased it, but the till came up with 99p so I went back and got another colour too! Shame they didn't have many.

I then used gold mirri card, and embossed it with ye olde CB machine and added some Prima flowers along with some Glitterations spots. I think these are going to be the 'in' things for now, seeing as postage is SO expensive now the cards are classed as "Large Letters".

After spending £30 on Postage before Christmas, I'm making sure my 'posting' cards have no large embellishments on them if I can help it. Probably the same as you guys huh!

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

Cute, cute, card! Just adorable.
I'm like you about the extra postage on cards being mailed......I made that mistake at Christmas this year - but won't next year for sure.
Lynn

Gill said...

Hi Karen
Love all your new cards, you have been busy. What a lot of comments you are getting great!!!
Love Gill xx